SQIException

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM
Edited Apr 22, 2016 at 5:43 PM
Hi All,

As of today, I get a warning stating SQIException whenever I attempt to start the Bridge (v22, which I believe is the latest).
Everything was just fine before and I don't think I've done anything special on the computer that would warrant that.
Any clue what might be going on? Am-I the only one with this issue?

Corentin
Apr 22, 2016 at 5:03 PM
Edited Apr 22, 2016 at 5:04 PM
You're not alone. The whole site was down for some time this morning, and the webservice doesn't seem to be back up again yet.
StartBridgeInternal: Exception:
Type System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Support.Community.Core.ErrorHandling.PlatformFault, CommunityBridge2.WebServiceAnswers, Version=1.0.22.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]
Source: mscorlib
PlatformFault.Details: 
PlatformFault.Type: SQlException
PlatformFault.ErrorCode: 65535
Stack-Trace:

Server stack trace: 
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at IQnA.GetSupportedLocales()
   at CommunityBridge2.MainWindow.StartBridgeInternal(MainWindow t, Int32 port, String domainName) in D:\Git\communitybridge2\trunk\CommunityBridge2\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 380
   at CommunityBridge2.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass5.<StartBridgeAsync>b__3(Object o) in D:\Git\communitybridge2\trunk\CommunityBridge2\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 270
Apr 22, 2016 at 5:42 PM
Thanks for letting me know!

I had visited the website and didn't have any problem logging it, so I assumed it was something either with the bridge or with some part of the web services.
Knowing that it's a "generalized" issue means I can stop looking for what's failing on my end :-)
Thanks again,

Corentin
Apr 23, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Ping Jochen!

The bridge is still not working at 12:00 UTC on 23 April, so this is a longer outage than usual. Anything you can do?
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2016 at 2:59 PM
I have forwarded this Problem to MS. The Problem is on the web-Service side. They seem to have some communication problem with their SQL Server...
Apr 23, 2016 at 6:09 PM
Thanks. It seems to be working again now at 18:00 UTC on 23 April ...
Apr 25, 2016 at 1:54 PM
It's working for me too indeed. Thanks a MILLION for following up with this!

Corentin