Jul 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Since Answers 2.4 was released, new posts are only downloaded every 30~60 minutes regardless of how ofted I refresh and then I get a bunch all at once in each subscribed forum. Regular newsgroups downloading in a timely manner for comparison.

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Just to clarify: What is "a bunch all at once"? I mean, if you get new messages only once per hour or so one would expect that you get "a bunch" (depending on the traffic in that forum), or not? So, I suppose the problem is that you get an "update" only once per hour, not the "bunch", right?

Jul 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Prior to 2.4, anytime I would refresh, I would get new posts submitted since the last post. If I refreshed every 5 minutes, I would get new posts going back as far as 5 minutes. Now I refrest every 5 minuted and no new posts are received for some time.

Example: I start refreshing every 5 minutes at noon. Nothing happens until 1 PM and the "bunch at a time" download including posts time stamped as far back as 12:01 PM and different times inbetween. Then a gap for anothe 30~60 minutes.

FYI: I am using WinMail in Win7, but I set it up in Thunderbird to test and had the same results there.

P.S. No e-mail allert sent for your reply and I did request that option.

Bruce

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Can you please use the newsest release and check again?

http://communitybridge2.codeplex.com/releases/view/91274

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM
That did the trick. Thank you very much for a quick and efficient resolution. Can you get a job at Answers?
Noel
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:50 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: New posts issue since Answers 2.4 [communitybridge2:368291]

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Edited Jul 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM
jkalmbach wrote:

http://communitybridge2.codeplex.com/releases/view/91274

It seemed to have improved yesterday afternoon, but it is definitely working good now with this release.  Thank you kindly.